I’m a huge fan of Alfred Hitchcock films. All of his films have this timeless quality with visual storytelling of near-perfection. And about a year ago, Vanity Fair Magazine published some of his iconic movies interpreted by the actors of Modern Hollywood. The players include Charlize Theron, Javier Bardem, James McAvoy, Emile Hirsch, Marion Cotillard, Seth Rogen, Scarlet Johansson, Keira Knightly, and Naomi Watts. The reenacted images were luscious and fantastic. I didn’t buy the magazine then, but I would like to showcase these great images on one of the greatest directors of cinematic history. Any Hitchcock fan would absolutely drool over these imitated pictures.
Alfred Hitchcock left a peerless legacy of the stylishly macabre. In this year’s Hollywood Portfolio of 2008, Keira Knightley, Javier Bardem, Seth Rogen, and other stars channel iconic moments from the director’s greatest hits.
1. Dial M For Murder- Charlize Theron
2. Rebecca- Keira Knightly and Jennifer Jason Leigh
3. Vertigo- Renee Zellweger
4. Psycho- Monique Cotillard
5. Rear Window- Scarlet Johannson and Javier Bardem
6. Strangers on a Train- Emile Hirsch and James McAvoy
7. The Birds- Jodie Foster
8. To Catch A Thief- Gywneth Paltrow and Robert Downey Jr.
9. North By Northwest- Seth Rogen
10. Lifeboat-Tang Wei, Josh Brolin, Casey Affleck, Eva Marie Saint, Ben Foster, Omar Metwally, Julie Christie
11. Marnie- Naomi Watts